Mobile Application Developer - Android
As an Android Developer at Dyson, you will compliment an existing team of software engineers working within a real time embedded environment, producing the next generation of products that are remotely configurable and controllable.
The role requires knowledge of Android mobile platforms and the tools and techniques to develop mobile applications. Use of software configuration tools, continuous integration, AGILE methodologies and a level of testing prior to committing software for release, is also required.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
The vision is to create a world class global organization which delivers complex app enabled electronics products and systems supporting the move to make Dyson a high tech company. We are looking for to recruit across a wide range of skill sets within Mobile Application/Connectivity; including Mobile Application Development, UX/UI Designers, Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Project Management, Testing/Quality and Leadership roles to research, design and create mobile applications which will transform the way customers interact with future Dyson products.
- Development of software for mobile applications on Android platforms.
- Work with potential external technology suppliers
- Development of tools to support mobile application product development
- Development of testing and validation strategies
- Administration and maintenance of supporting infrastructure for software development.
- Definition of system architecture for mobile applications products.
- Integration of mobile applications onto target platforms (Android).
- Collaboration with other software engineers to implement and integrate mobile applications with software based products.
- Strong background in Android development
- Proficiency with tool chains associated with mobile application development.
- Experience in classic software development techniques (Java / C++).
- Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.).
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
Experience with acceptance testing and writing testable code.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.