Dyson are looking for Android developers at all levels to join our new Mobile and Cloud development team in the centre of Bristol.
In May 2016 Dyson launched its second connected product, the Dyson Pure Cool Link, which joins our existing 360 Eye robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system, Dyson Link. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services (provisioning, asset management, message routing, product/app analytics, persistence and scaling).
As part of our ambitious expansion plans for 2016 we’re opening a new Mobile and Cloud development centre in Bristol city centre, around 10 minutes’ walk from Temple Meads station. This centre will focus on development of apps and services to support our growing and innovative range of connected products. We are looking for to recruit across a wide range of skill sets within Mobile Application/Connectivity; including Mobile Application Development, UX/UI Designers, Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Project Management, Testing/Quality and Leadership roles to research, design and create mobile applications which will transform the way customers interact with future Dyson products
- You’ll be responsible for developing engaging and innovative digital experiences to complement Dyson connected products. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- You’ll be interacting with team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Use your knowledge to develop software which interacts with Dyson hardware using a range of wireless technologies.
- An opportunity to grow your experience building the solutions behind our expanding range of connected products.
• A track record in Android app development – Java and Android Studio • A desire to create class leading UX through your apps • Familiar with TDD / BDD development methodologies and keen to develop your knowledge in this area • An understanding of automated unit and UI tests (e.g. JUnit, Mockito & Calabash) • Familiar with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo • Experience with Android build and release tools (e.g. fastlane, Gradle & HockeyApp) • You’ll be a quick learner and keen to build on your existing app development skills and knowledge • Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving. • Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community. • You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.