Mobile Lead (Android - Java / iOS - Swift)
£Competitive + Bonus & Benefits
Leader of Dyson’s UK mobile development competency, responsible for defining world-class technology, processes and teams to deliver the next generation of connected iOS and Android apps.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2017 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
Internet connected products is a new space for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building a world-class team of Android and iOS developers and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision of the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of managers allowing them to make decisions and develop our teams and ways of working.
- Key member of the solution delivery management team.
- Functional leadership of Mobile Development team.
- Architecture definition and cross-project alignment of approach.
- Detailed design and code reviews to ensure consistency and quality.
- Organisational design, recruitment and performance management.
- Hands-on cutting code where necessary, especially to prototype new technologies, approaches and patterns.
- Expert in architecting and developing iOS (Swift) and Android (Java) apps.
- Proven track record of building world-class teams, techniques and processes.
- Experience of designing and interfacing with back-end solutions.
- Strong agile delivery skills working with multi-disciplinary teams, ideally with familiarity of leveraging the Atlassian toolset.
- Excellent and current programming skills – this is a hands-on role.
- A strong leader, able to capture people’s imagination and motivate them to deliver well.
- Self-starter, able to take a concept through to working completion.
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to simplify concepts for wider audiences.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for mobile development with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work across cultures and time zones.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.