£Competitive + Bonus + Benifits + gym
The Mobility / Solutions Architect is a key architect role within the Dyson IT Design team and is accountable for the overall design and strategy across the Mobility and Service solutions used at Dyson today and in the future. You will required to produce detailed design specifications, maintain application portfolios, develop strategies and support business reviews across all landscapesas well as ensure adherence to the core IT Application Strategy and Design Principles.
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
We’re implementing a completely new commerce and content platform to transform the way we explain our technology, with completely new engaging, interactive visual assets and build a purchase journey that outperforms global leaders like Apple and B&O. It’s a cornerstone of our global drive to more direct sales and a closer relationship with our customers.
At the same time, our existing platform continues to serve our global customer base with commerce functionality, rich support content and customer engagement tools, and forms a core part of our IoT platform, powering our latest generation of connected products. A selection of smaller sites supporting the James Dyson Foundation, our Careers Portal and the upcoming Dyson Institute complete the set of platforms that the growing Digital IT team support.
The role will be responsible for the solution architecture design of Dyson’s core Mobility and Service solutions which includes;
- Mobile Service applications which include, engineer solution for field repairsand workshop solution for in house repairs
- Diagnostic Engine which include, expert system capability and machine learning of past diagnosis and eventual resolution
- Service Capability, the ability to offer customers efficiency
The role will also require interaction with external teams / contacts outside of IT to include;
- Working with senior business stakeholders to elicit business plans that drive overall solution design and strategy for the Dyson Service landscape.
- Working with third parties and partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the Dyson Mobile and Service landscape.
- A proven track record of enterprise level application design / application architecture is essential
- A proven track record of senior level business engagement / stakeholder management is essential
- Experience of working within an established and efficient design team is highly desirable
- A strong grounding in general technical architecture to include hosting (On Premise & Cloud), storage and networks is highly desirable
- Experience within Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF) would be beneficial
- Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing and project management
- Understanding of security principles and policies ensuring these are applied to the design of solutions
- Able to act as a liaison between technical, functional and support functions both on and offshore
- Able to maintain a working knowledge of new technologies and practises to support further innovation for projects
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.