Motors Build Supervisor
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
We are looking for Motors build manager to work within our Motors Group Design, Integration and Prototyping team to help develop and innovative new motor technologies that meet or exceed our aspirations, enhancing the company’s technical advantage in its new products.
Manage a pool of workshop and process development technicians, defining priorities and ensuring adherence to a delivery plan.
Responsible for the development, procurement and build of high precision equipment & fixturing for builds and test platforms.
Manage component procurement for high quality prototype motors from one offs through to batch manufacture of development motors.
Responsible for ensuring the quality of prototype components, assemblies and motors managing measurement data and deviations from a specification.
Manage the documentation relating to a build and ensuring traceability throughout the process to enable robust root cause analysis.
Planning and reporting activities for multiple projects builds at differing levels of maturity.
Responsible for the timely delivery of prototype motors to internal & external Dyson customers.
Proactive in development of internal processes and applying a methodology of continual improvement.
Being Proactive in the identification, research and implementation of equipment needs and technology gaps within the facilities.
Manage the lab space and facilities, ensuring adherence to legislative and company procedures including H&S, COSH.
Mentoring others and developing skills through coaching and training. Performing day-to-day personnel management activities.
• Technical and personal credibility to work effectively independently or with cross-functional teams throughout the project development cycle.
• Previous experience in the development manufactured products for mass manufacture.
• Applied knowledge and experience in a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
• Proven experience of delivering on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
• A creative, considered and methodical approach to problem solving and analytical skills, adhering to clear processes.
• Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others.
• Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Display drive and enthusiasm