Motors & Power Systems Project Manager
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Based in SEA and reporting to the Global Head of Motors and Power Systems, the M&PS Project Manager (SEA) will lead a multi-discipline team of engineers to deliver a number of the key new technologies within future Dyson products.
They will be the key figure in driving the successful delivery of the performance, cost and time specification of their projects. The role requires significant technical understanding with the incumbent needing to be able to understand and communicate the project’s status, risk and technical progress to senior management.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Delivering projects to the agreed performance cost and time parameters
Driving the technical resolution of complete system
Lead communication with all stakeholders acting as a first point of contact with all stakeholders for their project
Responsible for defining the communications plan for each project to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed in an efficient manner.
Ownership of the Project budget in SEA top level project requirements
Ownership of the level 0-2 plans and ensuring their delivery through prioritisation and escalation of unresolved conflicts
Define the project team setup in conjunction with the engineering leads detailing the makeup of the team to achieve the project
Ensuring the Project KPI reporting is kept up to date and reflects accurately the state of the project
• First Degree (Engineering preferable) or equivalent
• Formal Project Management training/ qualifications
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
Experience: Minimum of 3 years project management in a similar engineering field demonstrating good knowledge of the complete project life cycle
• Strong leadership skills; able to form complex and high performing teams quickly
• Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
• Effective manager of multicultural teams situated in different sites in different countries with a balanced hard and soft skill approach
• Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
• Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
• To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
• Commercially aware
• Excellent team-working skills.
• Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)