NPI Product Engineer
Calam, Laguna, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced NPI Product Engineer to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio with millions in investment for our new Laguna facility. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. It’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
- Responsible for New Product Introduction activity for the Cordless Floorcare products for Dyson Philippines – to ensure that this NPI activity is delivered on time, on spec and on cost.
- Responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and design requirements from development stage to production part/tooling approval complete.
- Assist with production issue’s (i.e. process, approval & failure analysis) and documented in PLM.
- Support improvements related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability (Cpk), FMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Review Engineering Change Requests; liaise with RDD and Contract Manufacturing partner to efficiently implement the change into production.
- Liaise with our Contract Manufacturing partner for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
- Deliver mechanical assemblies to meet the specifications and processes encompassing low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
- Work with the Malaysian RDD team, local operations team and Contract Manufacturing partner to reduce the reject rate according to the production’s Pareto chart.
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Between 2-5 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to consumer products such as printers, domestic appliances.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics.
- Demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively, to identify issues and propose better solutions.
- Proficiency in PLM, Minitab and 3D CAD (Unigraphics) is an advantage.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritize tasks and deliver on schedule.
- Good at communicating at all levels.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel