National Account Manager
$Competitive Base + Superannuation + Bonus + Car Allowance
Auckland, New Zealand
Reporting into the National Business Manager you will be responsible for the relationship between Dyson and our New Zealand retail partners at the Head Office level. Alongside this you will manage both the tactical direction and strategic sales plans to grow Dyson’s sales volume, revenue, gross margin and market share for consumer products in New Zealand.
Leadership will also be required as you will be managing 4 direct reports consisting of an Account Manager and 3 x Regional Development Managers.
We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.
In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bagless vacuum cleaner. But a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
In 2012 we were 3120 people. Today we're over 10,000. We transform every category we enter, such as our new entry into beauty and hair care via an impactful global launch of the world’s smartest hair dryer- Dyson Supersonic. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet. 3000 new engineers. 100 new machines. Revolutionising new categories. All by 2020.
With New Zealand identified as a key growth market for Dyson, we are excited to be hiring new roles across Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to support our ambitious plans.
Join us to help shape our future. And yours.
Do you share our entrepreneurial spirit and feel excited about the opportunity to build something new in New Zealand? This might be the opportunity for you
Our Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy and strategically agile.
We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands.
It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas – from in store fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to and implementing channel strategies that optimise retail opportunities and Dyson’s profitability in line with New Zealand goals
- Effectively manage promotional spend budget to deliver the best return on investment through a transparent approval process.
- Ensure accuracy in monthly customer volume forecast process taking into account sales trends, promotions, seasonality, distribution changes, NPD and product exits
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Dyson’s retailers and influence at all levels to deliver account plans and New Zealand business plans
- Negotiate with retailers to enable; a demonstrator scheme, academy, category management and in-store fixtures.
- Develop Joint Business Plans with top customers and support the negotiation of annual terms and commercial agreements ensuring first class execution of Dyson plans with New Zealand customers.
- This role will require you to travel both nationally and internationally for business.
We are looking for an experienced National Account Manager who is energetic, engaging and shares our entrepreneurial flare. To be successful in this role you must be positive but assertive, calm, logical and able to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant commercial experience in consumer goods, with strong track record of category management
- Proven ability to deliver consistent sales results
- High level experience of customer negotiations and dealings
- Excellent leadership abilities and experience with people management
- Strong team player capable of mobilising teams to achieve business plans
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- Chance to put your stamp on the establishment of the Dyson business in New Zealand
- Access to a global network of Sales professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- National and international travel
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
Start Date for this role: April 26th , 2018