National Training Manager - Beauty
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Chicago
At Dyson, we have recently launched Supersonic – a revolutionary hairdryer. We have rethought the way people dry their hair and the reviews have been fantastic.
We are seeking a passionate National Training Manager - Beauty with a current cosmetology license to develop a comprehensive training program to bring our latest innovation to life through amazing demonstrations and experiences.
You will work with the Field Sales team to ensure that our in store execution of Supersonic is first class.
This training role will be responsible for the education and advocacy in our retail partners which include: electronic retailers, specialty beauty retailers and premium department retailers. You will work together with our retail partners to develop engaging events and training plans to ensure our technology is understood and presented in an accurate and exciting manner.
The National Training Manager - Beauty will find unique ways to demonstrate Supersonic for a variety of customers, locations and to tight deadlines. You will be able to understand the effectiveness of your training by evaluating and analyzing the impact of training by the Field Sales Team and Stylists. The location of this role is flexible with preferred location of New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Chicago.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was the market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. Just west of the city in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 160 people. In total, there are over 600 Dyson people working in multiple functions across the U.S.
Dyson US is still growing and is poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead, but our battle-hungry U.S. team are truly fired up!
Always evolving, always challenging, our Sales teams are the connection between Dyson and the fast-paced world of retail. Across our global markets, we partner all the key players – online and on the high street. Plus, recently our first Dyson store was launched, with many more to come. It gives us a new benchmark for Dyson retail standards – elevating the brand and inspiring new ways to put Dyson technology into people's homes.
1. Work in Partnership with the Field Sales and National Training Team to train internal and third party stylists
- Work in partnership with the training team & recruitment teams to identify requirements
- Develop and execute education and engagement plans for new hire induction
2. Develop programs to deliver best in class training and experiences for Dyson.
- Identify the different requirements for Dyson’s beauty business compared to core to enable the delivery of leading execution in beauty
- Identify any different levers or support required to ensure the consistency of execution across retailers
- Support the organization of events for Direct, professional and retailers
3. Develop education programs and training strategies internally and externally to drive stylist advocacy by using all means of communication.
- Design and evolve education through ‘academies’ for retailer store staff, to increase their product knowledge, awareness of the brand and help them deliver the ‘why Dyson’ message to reflect the retail/beauty environment
- At the launch of new products, be prepared to visit top stores to administer onsite training of store staff
- Liaise with Marketing and the creative team to produce materials to be used in conjunction with education sessions and ways of selling to drive advocacy for all communication methods.
- Build relationships at both retailer head office and in store with beauty managers/store managers to establish beauty credibility through knowledge and experience.
- Be an expert in the Beauty/Hair market – Create internal workshops working with insights and professionals to deliver training and market updates to head office staff and supporting functions
- Plan education to support in store plans, develop tools to help drive interactions, demonstration and conversion in store – through sales techniques and events in store
4. Support the wider retail team in education of soft selling skills, styling skills and core product information while supporting the development and knowledge of Dyson products.
- Lead sessions at the monthly team meeting to develop knowledge of soft selling skills and/or product information
- Create a sales approach for stylists in store to take customers from a demonstration through to a sale
- Coordinate launches, ensuring tools are provided for the field team, being the subject expert in all new products
- Conduct field visits with the Sales leadership team and deliver constructive feedback to ensure a high level of knowledge is retained and transferred to the consumer/buyer.
5. Support integration into professional market
- Create and maintain relationships with the professional industry
- Work closely with brand to implement professional criteria for salons
- Work with RDD to provide professional feedback on NPD
6. Maintain communication strategies for all Field Sales teams.
- Implement and drive selling techniques to separate Dyson from others
- Support and lead within all required sales meetings and conferences
- Develop and manage e-learning to drive education and communication
- Develop and conduct class leading induction programs for the stylist team
- Develop customized training for different retail environments and assisted levels
7. Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Travel 75%+ of time
- Present a professional and fashion savvy image in appearance, words and actions
- Experience in styling and hairdressing; Current cosmetology license preferred
- Strong selling skills training background
- Experience in working and understanding retail
- Experience in analysing data and identify trends
- Previous experience of creating training material and plans
- Experience in developing retailer joint business plans / strategies
- Excellent communication skills with all levels and must be comfortable with all presentation formats, small group, customer facing, large meeting and on camera
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
- Team player leading by example
- Must be adaptable, flexible, able to multi task, stay organized, and have strong planning skills