National Business Manager
$Competitive base + super + sales bonus + car allowance
Reporting to the Sales Director, as the National Business Manager for the Beauty category, you will build and deliver the sales strategy for Beauty and deliver it to the broader organization. As the category lead, you will grow and drive Dyson sales volume, revenue, gross margin and market share for Beauty within Australia. You will also be accountable for the tactical direction and strategic sales plans between Dyson and a relevant retailer (Accounts) at a Head Office level with the objective of achieving our 2020 plans.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. We transform every category we enter, such as our new entry into beauty and hair care via an impactful global launch of the world’s smartest hair dryer- Dyson Supersonic. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet.
Are you a sales professional with a strong network within the Beauty industry and passion for technology? This might just be the role for you!
Our Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas – from in store fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
You will be responsible for:
- Strategic business partnering with salons and retailer’s to deliver growth through joint business planning, negotiating terms and commercial agreements
- Analysing our promotional programs, reviewing elasticity, understanding our shoppers and pricing strategy to find the most effective ways to deliver our plan
- Build, develop and promote an effective and high performing team
- Managing costs to maximise profitability across account portfolio and category
- Building a network of salon partners and understanding Dyson’s retailers and their objectives, influencing at all levels to deliver account plans , Australia business plans and first class execution of Dyson plans with Australian customers
You are an experienced Sales Leader with indepth knowledge of the beauty industry, a strong beauty network and commercial experience in consumer goods. You will have an energetic, engaging and positive approach, and be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and decisive influencing skills. You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record of successful category management and proven delivery of sales results
- 6+ years management experience, sales leadership and cross functional/general management experience
- High level experience of customer negotiations and dealings
- Evidence of budget control and financial expertise
- Degree qualified in a related field
- Proven people leadership experience
- The opportunity to drive significant growth for Dyson’s beauty category in ANZ
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- Access to a global network of Sales & Marketing professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- Opportunity for International travel
- We value worklife balance and that's why we offer summer hours all year long
- Plenty of local day-cares in close vicinity, free on-site parking and reimbursed car-parking expenses if on-site parking is not available
- A wide variety of gyms, health & fitness centres all close by