National Education and Training Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL USA
The National Education and Training Manager will have oversight and accountability for the overall training function for Field Sales across the United States. They will develop, operationalize and implement a comprehensive training program for all field based activities for Dyson Experts. This training program will drive consistency and excellence in delivering an impactful demonstration and best in class customer service.
Dyson is a global technology company headquartered in Malmesbury, UK. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson has over 25 years of experience and expertise in whole machine HEPA filtration and filter media and has its own in-house microbiology lab. Armed with the sort of equipment usually associated with hospital laboratories, Dyson’s two microbiology laboratories offer new research and support to the engineering project teams to develop hygienic purification devices.
Global R&D continues apace, with Dyson developing ambitious new technologies including power systems, motors, vision systems, filtration systems, robotics, machine learning, and AI. It is bringing this powerful combination together into new and existing products, focusing global expertise at key locations in Singapore, UK and China
Always evolving, always challenging, our Sales teams are the connection between Dyson and the fast-paced world of consumer and business sales. Across our global markets, we partner all the key players – online and on the high street. Plus, recently our first Dyson store was launched, with many more to come. It gives us a new benchmark for Dyson retail standards – elevating the brand and inspiring new ways to put Dyson technology into people's homes.
Design, implement and lead the training program for all Field Based sales activities
- Manage a team to design and implement dynamic training strategies and programs to ensure consistent execution of Dyson programs at retail store level for Dyson Experts and third party retailer associates
- Strategically align training programs to support company goals, marketing programs, and branding requirements
- Collaborate with Human Resources and leadership team develop foundational training to foster employee engagement and development
- Develop product knowledge training demo training toolkits and all training materials including participant and evaluation materials
- Collaborate with global training partners to create consistent yet market relevant training content
- Research consumer shopping habits and develop ways to drive best in class shopping experience
- Develop training capabilities in field sales teams; train the trainer
- Training delivery
- Develop a program to measure and analyze training results
- Work in field regularly to get real time and hands-on feedback, ideas, measures, etc.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience developing training programs with successful results is required
- 5+ years of management experience, with a minium of 3 years of experience training field sales teams is required
- Experience with various LMS and learning platforms is required
- Strong selling skills training background
- Experience in working and understanding retail; Prior field sales experience is preferred
- Experience in analyzing data and identify trends
- Previous experience of creating training material and plans
- Experience in developing retailer joint business plans / strategies
- Exceptional communication skills - Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Presentation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences.
- Ability to manage a budget and prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
- Ability to represent the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Ability to work remotely in an efficient and productive manner
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, driven, and motivated
- Schedule flexibility-must be able to work evenings and weekends 75%+ of time
- Ability to travel 75%+