National Retail Sales Manager
$Competitive base + super + sales bonus + car allowance
With a holistic understanding of the Australian retail landscape, as the National Retail Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving instore consumer sales volume whilst increasing sales revenue, gross margin and market share for Dyson and its retail partners across all categories nationally.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new innovative products over the next 3 years.
We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas (from in-store to online activation).
With a holistic understanding of the Australian retail landscape, as the National Retail Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving instore consumer sales volume whilst increasing sales revenue, gross margin and market share for Dyson and its retail partners across all categories nationally. You will also be accountable for ensuring that the strategic and tactical direction of instore sales plans are followed while providing consumers with an experience that aligns with Dyson’s objective of achieving our 2020 vision. To help you deliver on these objectives, you will build, develop and promote an effective and high performing team of five direct reports, and manage a large retail team of internal and third party employees.
- Responsible for the strategy development, leadership, and performance of Team Dyson (in-store demonstrators/ sales consultants) nationally
- Keep up to date with promotional activities and ensure fast, consistent and aligned execution across all regions
- Effective budget management to deliver business objectives
- Contribute to and implement channel strategies that optimise retail opportunities and Dyson profitability in line with national sales goals
- Own the forecasting process working collaboratively with the National Sales Operations Manager and National Business Manager’s
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate the team to succeed, increasing overall capability and adding value to Dyson retail partners
- Contribute to and drive an environment of accountability and partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the Team Dyson in-store Sales team are experts in Dyson products across all categories and sales techniques by implementing relevant training programs in partnership with the National Sales Capability Manager
- Identify and develop succession and development plans to meet future business needs
- Shape and influence first class execution of Dyson in-store demonstrator plans and NPD launches with Australian consumers
You will need to demonstrate significant commercial experience in a retail environment, with around 6+ years of retail operations experience. You will also need to have experience leading, developing and managing a large, high performing, retail or sales team. Your success will depend on your ability to deliver sales results in a retail operations environment, negotiate and manage customer relationships effectively, and effectively manage a budget.
Other necessary skills and experience include:
- Methodical business planning capability and an analytical approach
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership abilities and decisive and excellent influencer
- Strong team player capable of mobilising teams to achieve business plans
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Self-starter who sees things to completion
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- Results driven
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual sales bonus and car allowance. We also offer exceptional product discounts to employees as well as for friends and family. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.