Advanced Noise and Vibration Research Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
You will work within the Aeroacoustic Research team to apply your skills and experience in acoustics and fluid dynamics to invent the next generation of technologies that enhance Dyson's technical advantage in existing and future products.
You will be responsible for the application of fundamental physical theories and pragmatic methods to provide noise and performance insight and understanding to the business through system modelling. You will use analytical techniques to add insight into experimental results to help drive research projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into New Product Development (NPD) projects.
- Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration across RDD and the Dyson world.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration
- Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our extensive range of floor care and new products
- Develop cross-function system modelling tools to improve product development.
- Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products
- Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the initial concept to feasibility demonstrated
- Plan, design and conduct experiments to complement analytic work
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of Research including senior managers and directors
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Exec. team, when required.
- Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in acoustics, vibration, fluid dynamics
- Programming experience, e.g. MATLAB
- Experience of Noise of Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition e.g. B&K Pulse and Labview preferred but not essential
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail