Northeast Zone Coordinator
New York, NY
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Zone Coordinator provides support and assistant to the Sales Out department including National Accounts, and the Sales Out team.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas – from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Provide top level support and assistance to the Expert, Zone managers and Sales Directors
· Handle daily calendar management and travel coordination
· Compile and submit monthly expense reports for Sales Out team
· Assist with daily project requests
· Emergency travel support
- Provide multi-level support to Sales Out team
· Handle all internal and external inquiries/requests and forward to the appropriate party
· Manage procurement of department supplies
· Assist Sales team with daily shipment and product requests
· Manage Sales team product inventory (e.g Shirts, rugs & banners), including organization of department storage
· Assist with copying, faxing, preparation and finalization of presentations for the department
· Manage on-boarding process for new hires
· Prepare induction and pre-induction materials
· Proactively liaison between the Sales Out team and other Dyson departments including IT and 3PL applications as needed.
Provide meeting support to Sales Out Team
· Schedule and manage internal daily and weekly team meetings
· Book and schedule meeting rooms.
· Assist with the physical set up of department meetings including the arrangement of meals and beverages – either locally or “off-campus”
· Attend all relevant sales meetings and conference calls, record minutes and distribute as appropriate
Maintain daily processes
· Maintain department documents, schedules and contact lists
· Manage sample request process and ensure team requests are within budget
· Manage business card process
· Understand department expense report processes and policies, work with Finance department to resolve team issues
· Manage distribution and collection of Demonstrator assets
· Prepare induction materials, arrangements and accommodations
· Field incoming inquiries from Demonstration team
· Liaison between retailer offices and District Expert Managers on requests, scheduling and opportunities
Fulfil other duties as necessary
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 30 LBS
- Weekend availability as needed
Experience and Education
· 2+ years of administrative experience required, preferably in a sales environment
· High School Diploma required, some college preferred
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to recognize departmental needs and take initiative to achieve results
· Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
· Fighter – Getting the best results
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities