Logistics Operations Excellence Manager
Senai, Johor Bahru
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
What you will do...
- Streamline the origin processes from forecast, operations and performance management.
- Responsible to present the CM/FF/Carrier performance, and support the Origin logistics team to meet performance standards, sieve out improvement opportunities and lead these to achieve the intended targets.
- Lead global initiatives e.g. origin consolidation hub, slip sheet, etc.
- Collaborate with the global logistics team in managing the FF/Carrier performance.
- Lead/support any RFQ in relation to the logistics scope at origin or destination.
What is required for this role...
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering.
- At least 5-10 years experience with 3-5 years in a managerial role, in a similar capacity, preferably, from a fast paced consumer goods/electronics environment.
- Demonstrate experience or working knowledge of process improvement methodologies and proven track record with change management.
- Data analytics and excellent communications skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.