Operations Project Manager - PCBA
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
The role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will :-
1. Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson, meeting all time plan and deliverable from Project transfer to SOP to Sustaining.
2. Facilitate & improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of Equipment of development through to mass production.
3.The OPM is responsible for development of the transfer project plan, coordinating cross functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives.
OPM is also accountable for the operations of on-going products under
manufacturing at the Manufacturers/CM(VI), leading the Manufacturers/CM(VI) or
internal teams to tactically & strategically manage any operational issues
Under the leadership of the OPM, they will also be expected to identify future opportunities / benefits to our manufacturing operations.
The position is a hands on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution & implementation.
This role reports to the PCBA Category Head/ Operations Manager .
Very close interaction with key members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role.
Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new PCBA Manufacturing(PCAB/Battery Pack/DDM) /CM(VI)
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing, ECN/CR execution
- Driving CSR programmes
Efficiency Programmes related to:
- Waste Reduction
- Engineering Change management
- Process improvement
Key Component Manufacturing
• Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects.
• Management of key stakeholders within the project scope
• Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally / externally
• Implement key efficiency programmes that reduce cost, improve quality.
• Lead Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherence to specifications
Project/Program Management /PCBA experience
• Self motivated, independent, results-driven
• Ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines
• Manufacturing Awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization
• Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Management
• At least 5 years of working experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with at least
2 years handling Project / Program management
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills with good command of written & spoken English
• Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables
Management /Risk Management
• Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization
• Cost Control Behaviours / Business acumen
• Knowledge of PCBA Assembly and NPI
• Operations experience a plus