PCB Team Administrator
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Reporting to the global PCB Engineering Manager and initially taking day to day management from the Electronics Supervisor, the successful candidate will become part of a busy PCB Engineering team working for Electronics within RDD (Research Design and Development).
The scope is broad; in essence you will project manage and control outsourced PCB & PCBA prototype manufacturing activity from program schedule alignment through to delivery and inspection. You will arrange purchase orders, ensuring delivery dates & expectations are set correctly, and will be responsible for driving their successful completion; managing delays, facilitating issue resolution and communicating with all parties to ensure delivery meets order requirements.
This is a demanding role within a developing area of RDD, so a confident and adaptable person is required to deal with its challenges and to drive its growth, including the potential for increasing and leading the team. Technical knowledge of PCBA’s and electronics is an advantage, but not essential; key skills for this role focus on project management, coordination and administration, with a proven track record dealing with program pressures, and meeting delivery targets & goals.
Certain personal attributes are also essential; you must be self-managing, well organised and motivated. You will regularly interact with different departments, program managers, engineers, and suppliers; so excellent communication skills are required.
To meet these expectations we will encourage you to grow and expand your capabilities, encouraging career development through training, experience and promotion; Dyson provides plenty of opportunities for motivated individuals to break through their own boundaries, to excel and drive their careers forward.
- Managing and controlling all PCBA prototype outsourcing for UK RDD Electronics project teams
- Liaising with Project Managers and Suppliers to ensure delivery matches requirements and deadlines
- Correctly set all delivery expectations, and ensure they are met
- Managing program targets with teams, reporting back delays, shortages or queries from supply chain
- Coordinating different builds between suppliers to avoid bottlenecks
- Become a single point of contact for RDD Engineering activities and external suppliers
- Manage, coordinate and control:
- Quotations; managing data and arranging multiple quotes to teams requirements
- Purchase order generation using SAP system (training provided)
- Coordinate BOM (bill of materials) management, including shortages and concession control
- Data management, distribution and control
- Facilitate management of EQ (engineering queries)
- Deliveries and inspection.
- Manage the relationships between PCB and PCBA suppliers to ensure consistency, quality, delivery and smooth data transfer.
Scope & Progression:
Dependent upon the individual, the following potential scope will exist in terms of future role development:
- Creation of formalised prototype PCB management activity/team, plus drive improvements:
- Understand Program & technician requirements, initiate conversations and generate requirements
- Creation of supporting processes and procedures, plus implementation
- Creation of Metrics to drive quality improvement, reduce delivery times & cost reduction
- Develop a global prototype service.
- Examine improvements for internal stock control system and supplier bonded stores
- Manage the procurement of components using existing suppliers, and identifying improvements
- Work with PCB lab team lead/technicians to define/maintain an inspection strategy
- PCB/PCBA supplier management:
- Quality scoring and control
- Technical capability assessment
- Outsourced BOM management
- Lead and drive supplier performance review with reference to quality and on time deliveries.
- Strong administration background or demonstrable skills
- Experience working within a fast paced work environment, meeting tight timing deadlines.
- Some project management preferable
- Any of the following is advantageous, but not essential:
- BOM management
- Experience of Supply Chain Management and quality processes.
- Experience working within the Electronics Industry
- Knowledge of Electronic Components and specifications.
- Understanding of Product Life Management (PLM) systems
- Knowledge of general PCB\PCBA manufacturing principles
- Process improvement & documentation
- Methodical, organised & structured approach with attention to detail & accuracy
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Ability to work independently or as an effective team member.
- Excellent time management, and ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including written and verbal communications