The PLM Specialist is required to define and develop new solutions within the context of the business processes as well as drive continuous improvement within the existing process and solutions.
- You will investigate possible solutions, define & develop configuration changes
- You will take full end to end ownership of certain elements / business processes / capabilities within the PLM solution suite
- You will work closely with other members of the immediate and extended PLM team
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the PLM team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
With innovative products like Cord free Vacuum Cleaners, Hair Dryer and upcoming Electric Vehicle; Dyson is growing rapidly. This high paced product launches brings faster growth in adapting variety of software’s to manage their data. This leads to growth in application suites covered within PLM Team.
The number of people using Teamcenter in Dyson is growing steadily, with approximately 2400 Teamcenter users. Along with this, the growth of the application suite that is covered within the PLM Team is continually expanding. (e.g. ECAD & Software Development). Would you like to join our expansion? Can you offer the expertise in Teamcenter that we need?
- Developing PLM solutions and capabilities in the context of the business process.Identify areas for improvement within the existing tools, capabilities & business processes.
- Translate business requirements into solutions that adopt industry and application best practices
- Active participation within the PLM configuration change review board ensuring all solutions and capabilities are complete and appropriately documented prior to deployment.
- Perform effective handover of delivered solution to other teams where appropriate (e.g. PLM Technical Delivery, PLM Support, PLM Reporting, Data Quality, RDD Optimisation, RDD Technical Training teams)
- Experience in configuring Teamcenter application
- Ability to document and communicate clearly
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Strong engineering focus and expertise to ensure understanding of Engineering requirements and processes
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free parking
- Subsidised café Discount on Dyson machines