Packaging Development Engineer
Dyson Packaging team is responsible to deliver packaging solutions for Dyson's products. As company continues growing, we're expending our team to recruit a Packaging Development Engineer.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, they lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why any one of them can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Development and qualification of new packages thru various test standards to ensure packages meet higher reliability standard within agreed deadline.
- Identify new concepts, develop solutions and support implementation of new packages at the manufacturing sites.
- Identify and evaluate new packaging materials, technologies and concepts as well as emerging packaging trends.
- Evaluate options, improve and innovate cost down activity.
- Respond to market issues, conduct analysis and drive improvement for solutions.
- Working closely with Traffics to ensure packaging solutions deliver within the milestone/deadline.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering field
- Minimum 3 years of related working experience in Product Packaging or
- Minimum 3 years of related working experience on 3D CAD software.
- Thorough understanding of design for manufacturability concepts used to optimize the overall performance and features of the final package.
- Advantage for those have experience in disciplines of packaging and sound understanding of packaging development milestone is a bonus.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.