£Competitive per annum + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
The Patent Searcher is a vital resource for the business in ensuring responses to search requests from the engineering department are actioned in a quick and efficient manner. The number of searches undertaken by the team has seen a huge increase; 2015 resulted in the highest number of search requests ever recorded. As Dyson continues to evolve with new product and technology areas the demand for our services will grow.
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate looking to start a career in Patent Searching or an experienced Searcher seeking their next opportunity. We are happy to consider internship or placement IP experience.
Support current and future product development by finding, retrieving and supplying patent information to the RDD and IP departments.
Provide a patent searching and analysis capability to the business
Improve the alerting of technical developments from our competitors
- Graduate in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience of conducting patent searches would be ideal
- An interest in Technology is a must
- Ability to formulate and define own search strategies and evaluate the results for relevance
- Good knowledge of and experience with patent information sources
- Understanding of the patent system would be desirable