Up to £27,000 pa depending on experience
An exciting new job opportunity has arisen to join the Payroll Team within the Group Finance function in Malmesbury. Working within a team of six, the department has responsibility for the prompt and accurate payment of salaries to 3500+ monthly paid UK staff and our growing global markets, as well as ensuring the payment of expenses across the UK and Europe.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Our payroll and expenses team reports into the Finance Group function. This Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Timely & accurate processing and calculation of salaries for UK and our growing European markets via Northgate Resourcelink system and ADP streamline for overseas payroll.
- Processing of ex-pats payroll
- Calculation of starters, leavers and changes
- Processing of payments for employees and third parties
- Creating and posting salary journals to SAP
- Processing of statutory payments (SSP/SMP/SAP etc.)
- Providing advice to employees in relation to Payroll
- To take an active role in your own personal development, training and project work, as appropriate.
- Previous experience in similar role
- Good understanding of tax, National Insurance, Statutory Maternity & Sick Pay
- Sound understanding of HR processes
- Proficient in the use of ICT, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Processing of European and ex-pats payroll
- Experience of using Northgate Resourcelink
- Experience of using SAP
- Professional payroll qualification (CIPP/Payroll Alliance)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential & sensitive data
- Ability to resolve problems, think logically and use ingenuity to overcome difficulties
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and organise workload
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines