Payroll and Benefits Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Payroll and Benefits Manager will lead the payroll and benefits team in the execution of bi-weekly multi-state US payroll for a growing 1,400+ organization with a large part time, remote and non-exempt population.
The successful candidate has proven technical and communication capabilities, and extreme attention to detail to deliver payroll timely and accurately. Must have prior experience delivering multi-state payroll and benefits administration
- Calculate and process multi-state time keeping and payroll for employee earnings and deductions.
- Manage team of a payroll lead and a benefits specialist and appropriately load balance.
- Partner with Finance Controllers to balance payroll and support general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform employer contribution reporting. Oversee tax related activity and reporting.
- Respond to IRS, state and local tax notices and ensure compliance with law changes.
- Liaise with benefits broker on employee benefit matters and ensure compliance with ACA, ERISA, DOL, IRS and regulatory issues.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and termination records for all benefits plans.
- Respond to 401(k) plan inquiries relating to enrollments, rollovers and employer contributions.
- Oversee the workers’ compensation claim submission process by being the liaison between employees, managers and the insurance carrier.
- Maintain OSHA logs and complete annual reporting requirements.
- 7+ years of payroll and benefits delivery experience.
- Experience with ADP required, Workforce Now experience preferred.
- Technically savvy with MS Excel.
- Canadian and/or Mexico payroll and benefits experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Understands and applies logic to analyze and review payroll and benefits data, looking for patterns, drawing insights.
- Anticipates questions, thinks ahead, plans for contingencies. Finds alternative/practical solutions when ideal solutions are not possible.
- Maintains confidentiality and delivers with accuracy and thoroughness in a timely manner.