Personal Care Education Manager
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
In Canada, the Dyson office opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people focused on getting Dyson technology in the hands of Canadians. Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theater districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success.
This role will be responsible for the education and advocacy in our retail partners which include: specialty beauty retailers, premium department retailers, and electronic retailers. You will work together with our retail partners to develop engaging in-store demonstrations, events, and training plans to ensure our technology is understood and presented in an accurate and exciting manner.
The Education Manager will find unique ways to demonstrate Supersonic for a variety of customers, and retail environments. You will be able to understand the effectiveness of your training by evaluating and analyzing the impact of training by the Dyson Styling Experts. The location of this role is at Dyson Canada’s Head office in Toronto, and travel will be required.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Develop and deliver effective training for Dyson Styling Experts and Retailer Associates to drive advocacy for Dyson Supersonic and ultimately produce a fantastic Dyson Supersonic retail experience. Develop expectations for performance to measure effectiveness and develop staff.
· Work in partnership with the National Training Manager & agency partner to identify team training requirements
· Plan internal and external training curriculum, delivery plan, and asset requirements
· Design and evolve education through training for retailer store staff, to increase their product knowledge, awareness of the brand, and help them deliver the ‘why Dyson’ message to reflect the retail/beauty environment
· Deliver training sessions, manage follow-up, and conduct evaluations to improve on execution for future sessions.
· Build relationships at both retailer head office and in store with beauty managers/store managers to establish beauty credibility through knowledge and experience.
· Work with the Retail Sales Team leadership to ensure consistency in Dyson brand experience delivery across categories.
Manage external 3rd party agency responsible for hiring, scheduling, and daily management of a team of Dyson Styling Experts.
· Manage agency responsible for hiring Dyson Stylists that are polished, hair savvy, professional, friendly, and are well suited to represent the Dyson brand.
· Manage in-store staff evaluation and development resources to ensure consistent delivery of high quality Dyson Supersonic experience to meet objectives of the program. Deliver constructive feedback to ensure high quality delivery of the retail experience.
· Manage regular update meetings to ensure that all projects are on track and understand any issues or support required.
Represent Personal Care Education and Retail Experience for Canada and contribute to global knowledge and best practice development for Personal Care Education and Retail Execution. Additional accountabilities as follows:
· Lead integration of this role into the Personal Care, Education, and Retail Sales teams.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Present a professional and fashion savvy image in appearance, words and actions
· Identify problems and find solutions
· Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
· Travel 25%+ of time
Strong selling skills training background
Experience in styling/hairdressing
Experience in working and understanding retail
Experience in analysing data and identify trends
Previous experience of creating training material and plans
Experience in developing retailer joint business plans/strategies
Excellent communication skills
Comfortable with all presentation formats, small group, customer facing, large meeting and on camera
Presentation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business.
Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
English/French Bilingual is an asset
Team player leading by example
Drive and motivation
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.