Personal Care Sales Director
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
We need a high performer to develop and implement Dyson’s brand credentials within our Beauty channel. The ideal candidate will drive personal care product sales and exceed budget and profit goals.
Lead the team to create and execute sales strategies and objectives
- Manage beauty channel retail relationship
- Implement Dyson personal care merchandising presence collaborating with Beauty channel partners both physically at retail stores and digitally at channel partners’ eCommerce platforms
- Implement events and training and advocacy program working with channel partners to maximize consumer experiences and sales conversions
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve near and long term goals. Areas include sales, profit, product, distribution, merchandising, pricing and contractual agreements.
- Communicate plans to internal stakeholders and gain buy-in for implementation.
- Develop, train and coach team members to implement plans for individual and account growth.
- Create partnerships with our customers and their relevant leadership team.
Partner with internal business functions to lead, build, and execute plans of the sales team.
- Manage accountability of team members to internal functions – forecasting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, finance, logistics, Sales Order Processing, marketing, and field sales.
- Developing new product launch plans with the senior team to maximize profit.
- Assist with special projects, both within sales and other business functions.
Inspire, lead, motivate and coach the team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business objectives.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate solutions.
- Develop talent and succession plans as well as team transitions, probationary periods.
Ensure compliance with internal policy with the objective of delivering accurate proposals for senior management consideration/authorization.
- Lead the coordination and review of all internal sales documents such as customer agreements and annual contracts, deduction authorization documents, promotion proposals and pricing recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews to ensure that underlying commercial considerations have been undertaken.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 10 years+ experience in sales/national account sales and management experience in Beauty industry required; 15+ years preferred.
- Prior experience leading a successful team strongly preferred
- Leadership skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and contract negotiation experience.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the business.
- Solid understanding of and ability to manage a P&L. Strong mathematical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.