Pick Up Engineer
Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product development
Implement great design and solve engineering problems to make products that meet all performance and functional criteria within demanding project timescales
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
- Responsible for delivering reliability, cost down and production support activities.
- Working closely with UK Engineering team, Global Engineering team, operation team including tooling & manufacturing, commercial team, quality team etc. to ensure robust product and lean production is achieved.
- Participate in design review
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality
- Knowledge and experience on metal parts, lighting products, photometric performance and thermal management will be an added advantage.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge & at least 3 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to consumer product design R&D, relevant technologies or mechanical engineering.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles, manufacturing, & research& development through analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Demonstrate Knowledge & understanding of multiple tooling & manufacturing techniques in plastic and metal.
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills further.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others
- Involve in projects related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability, DFMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.