Power Electronics Engineer
SGD Competitive Renumeration Package
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionizing hair care. The team is also responsible to develop Battery Pack & Battery Management System for Dyson next generation for Cordfree products.
As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is our Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Ensure safety and reliability of Dyson products
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project
- Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
More than 4 years working experience in Electronic design industry or similar environment.
Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / BMS/ power electronics products.
Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus
Understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
Experience Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools and able to create & understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
Design for EMC/EMI.
Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues
Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team.
Fluent in spoken and written in English.
Innovative problem solver willing to search for creativity