Power Electronics Engineer
£Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
Dyson has an opportunity for a power electronics engineer to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group. Opportunities are available at both Graduate and Engineer level depending on experience.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionising hair care. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability.
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements.
- Develop, test and document designs using best engineering practice.
- Take an active approach in the generation of ideas.
- Communicate with other teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline
- Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Circuit simulation and analysis.
- Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.