Power Electronics Engineer
Calamba, Laguna Philippines
The role will help accelerate product qualifications and failure analysis utilizing existing manpower and equipment, identifying and acquiring any additional resources required (if any), and coordinating with global counterparts for faster resolution of product-related issues.
- Ensure safety and reliability of Dyson products
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project
- Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
- More than 4 years working experience in Electronic design industry or similar environment.
- Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / BMS/ power electronics products.
- Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus
- Understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Experience Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
- Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools and able to create & understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
- Design for EMC/EMI.
- Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues