Powertrain Performance Development Engineer
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Powertrain/Driveline team of our automotive function
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
An engineer is required to test and develop the performance and drivability of an EV powertrain system within the vehicle. This role could suit an engineer seeking to move from ICE calibration to EV
- calibrate, test and validate the performance and driveability of powertrain systems
with a vehicle
- ensure an optimum calibration of the system according to attributes
- degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- experience equivalent to 2 years or greater automotive gained in OEM or consultancy within powertrain driveability or calibration
- be able to demonstrate whole vehicle testing and the collation and analysis of large amounts of data
- One or more of the following CANape / Canalyzer / Dewesoft /ATI Vision / AVL Drive / Labview / DIAdem/ Matlab / Simulink
- be eligible to work in the Uk unrestricted
- full driving licence
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition