Principal Electronics System Engineer
Electronics System Engineer in this role provides technical support on the primary system and the major subsystems development to our stakeholders and suppliers.
It is expected to have a proven record in developing, modeling and maintaining complex systems and process/ framework to meet demanding stakeholder’s needs, making use of new technologies and methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
The ideal candidate will have project engineering related experience, excellent System Engineering knowledge and skills, excellent IT skills, good supplier management skills and will be responsible for leading and planning the System Engineering component of a complex project which includes architectural and system design, managing the requirements, risk management and FMEA, creating the body of evidence to ensure certification and compliance.
Also strong management and leadership capabilities besides practical experience of SystemsEngineering on a large scale programme would be desirable.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Apply mature System Engineering knowledge to a large and complex project in the design and process development.
- Promote Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) for the project
- Provide Guidance and Support to the System Engineering Team
- Requirement Development and Maintenance from Stakeholders Level to Subsystem Level
- Break down Requirements to deliverable work packages and provide an applicable and efficient Traceability Solution for Requirements in all system levels
- Develop a Documentation Platform to Maintain, Update and distribute the relevant technical documentation.
- System Design from Fundamental Concepts Development through Product Life Cycle
- System Architecture Design and Development, Functional and Physical Analysis
- System Boundaries and Interface Management
- Maintaining Design Integrity and Support Integration
- Lead or Support Design and Solution Reviews to ensure Design proposals take into account existing Constraints
- Lead or Support FMEA Development and Reviews
- Support the Development of System Level Test Procedure and Qualification Plans
- Support Trade Studies and Identification and Assessment of Risks
- Support System Reliability Assessments
- Lead or support Verification and Validation and Transition to Operation Programs
- Support other design teams as Technical Interface
- Guide research activities and Support other (mechanical/motors/HMI) working groups as required
- Support and carry out the technical evaluation of suppliers and contactors.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline or relevant working experience.
- Strong background and competence in System Engineering in complex development programmes
- Significant experience in UML / SysML
- Significant and demonstrable experience in MBSE
- Leadership and Management Skills
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, very generous leave, income protection, and private medical and dental care (level dependent). But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.