Principal Engineer HVAC
Competitive + benefits
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen.
- Drawing sign-off support Engineering Specification and DVP support - ensuring we have robust targets and test methods in place to deliver the product vision.
- Liaising with the test teams, design teams and suppliers to ensure delivery.
- A senior technical voice to support procurement and supplier management; Key stakeholder engagement.
This role is very much a delivery focused role. You should champion and support clear decision making based on a balance of the drive for innovation but also the commercial realisation of the product.
You will be experienced in automotive processes relating to quality such as FMEAs, PPAP, APQP, DVPs
- Technical mentor to the team; focused on supporting delivery and experienced in Automotive processes and working with suppliers.
- Automotive, Systems engineering, Powertrain, HVAC,
- Delivery focused
- High degree of technical experience
- Highly organised
- Deep knowledge of automotive processes (APQP, PPAP etc.,)
- A *pioneer- but delivery focused
- Happy to operate with a level of ambiguity and support the development of process and definition
Essential: Automotive experience Systems Engineering Experienced delivery of complex solutions
Desirable: Predominantly mechanical with some thermodynamics or heat transfer background a bonus
Could be from a power-train or cooling systems background