Principal Robotics Engineer - New Product Development
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
An ability to balance the need to remain at the cutting edge of technical advances with the need to deploy high quality, robust, reliable products to market in a timely manner is a key element of a principal's role. You will retain your implementation knowledge by remaining hands-on, so this is a role which is tightly integrated into the development teams.
Ensuring we nurture our incredible young talent base is also a significant factor in Dyson's success. You will demonstrate high standards and support the development of engineers within the team.
- Participate in the creation of Dyson robotics strategies (Products, technologies and platforms).
- Provide technical leadership to the robotics group.
- Ensure group knowledge is always at the cutting edge of the robotics and artificial intelligence domains.
- Ensure our systems are designed to be robust, reliable and can be deployed with confidence to our global customers.
- Assess technology risk and provide concise feedback as to how new technologies could be utilised and integrated.
- Assist in the creation of challenging, ambitious but realistic product development plans.
- Work with upstream research teams to retain visibility of upcoming technologies and ensure a smooth integration into robotic products.
- Work with upstream product concept teams to ensure alignment with robotic product roadmaps and seamless transition from concept into development.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines beyond core robotics that contribute to the creation of robotic products.
- Independently technically lead engineering teams to drive the creation of solutions to robotic challenges.
- PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) applied to practical problems in robotics
- Extensive experience in Robotics, Artificial intelligence or relevant field.
- Technical leadership within the Robotics domain.
- Proven experience of architecting robotic systems.
- Ability to assess technical risk.
- Ability to utilise teams of technical experts to achieve challenging goals.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.