Competitive Salary + Bonus, 27 days holiday, free onsite gym
Working as a key part of the Global Privacy Team, which sits within Dyson Legal, you will be working across Group functions and ensure that ‘privacy by design’ principles are embedded into systems and processes for data collection and use. You will also be a key driver in implementing the GDPR Readiness Plan across Group functions.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 10,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. Personal Information underpins almost everything we do at Dyson, and being trusted by our owners to continue to process this is what sets us apart as a trusted brand.
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
- Educate, influence and support Group functions to ensure their awareness of privacy and data protection requirements, including those of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Work with teams within the business to ensure that privacy requirements are embedded ‘by design’ into systems and processes that use personal identifiable information (PII)
- Support the Global Privacy Counsel in implementing the GDPR Readiness Plan
- Provide ‘subject matter expert’ support to transformation and change projects that affect PII
- Maintain awareness of changes to legislation, emergence of case law and other areas relevant to privacy and data protection that affect the processing of PII and share this awareness with key stakeholders informing them of the relevant impact
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments and report and escalate privacy risk arising from ‘business change’ that affects personal identifiable information
- Support in the resolution and response to any incident affecting personal identifiable information
- Must have detailed knowledge of privacy and data protection legal requirements, ideally in a global or multi-national business
- Must have experience of implementing privacy and data protection legal requirements in practice
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be flexible, pragmatic and an excellent communicator
- Must be solution-focused and able to help the business meet their goals whilst handling PII in a legally compliant and trustworthy way
- Experience in managing a team highly desirable
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.