Working as a key part of the Global Privacy Team, which sits within Dyson Legal, you will be working across Group functions and ensure that ‘privacy by design’ principles are embedded into systems and processes for data collection and use. You will also be a key driver in implementing the GDPR Readiness Plan across Group functions.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
- Educate, influence and support Group functions to ensure their awareness of privacy and data protection requirements, including those of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Work with teams within the business to ensure that privacy requirements are embedded ‘by design’ into systems and processes that use personal identifiable information (PII)
- Support the Global Privacy Counsel in implementing the GDPR Readiness Plan
- Provide ‘subject matter expert’ support to transformation and change projects that affect PII
- Maintain awareness of changes to legislation, emergence of case law and other areas relevant to privacy and data protection that affect the processing of PII and share this awareness with key stakeholders informing them of the relevant impact
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments and report and escalate privacy risk arising from ‘business change’ that affects personal identifiable information
- Support in the resolution and response to any incident affecting personal identifiable information
- Must have detailed knowledge of privacy and data protection legal requirements, ideally in a global or multi-national business
- Must have experience of implementing privacy and data protection legal requirements in practice
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be flexible, pragmatic and an excellent communicator
- Must be solution-focused and able to help the business meet their goals whilst handling PII in a legally compliant and trustworthy way
- Experience in managing a team highly desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines