Process Development Technician
Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
• Build precision prototype assemblies and sub-assemblies following defined processes to give repeatable and reproducible results
• Perform motor validation and acoustic tests, focusing on a thorough and consistent approach.
• Use precision measurement equipment and accurately record critical build and test data. Participate in GR&R studies
• Manufacture high quality assembly fixtures using workshop machinery as required.
• Develop assembly and manufacturing processes working in collaboration with Engineers and other Technicians
• Build test rigs including basic electrical wiring, compressed air and fire trace to pre-defined schematics
• Work to a tight schedule, prioritise workload and deliver on time
• Carry out testing on prototype motors following documented processes
• Support others in preparing and implementing motors into testing facilities
• Adhere to safe working practices and lab rules
• Proactivity seek to identify and implement as appropriate continuous improvement practices
• Ability to interpret and interrogate engineering drawings and documentation
• Experience of complex / skilled assembly or maintenance work
• Practical and methodical approach to problem solving with a keen focus on attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication to convey information in an appropriate and concise manner
• Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Maintain a positive attitude with the willingness to approach any task, display drive and enthusiasm to succeed
• Have a flexible attitude being adaptive to changing priorities
• Display a basic competence of MS Word and Excel.