Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
- Plan, organize and direct assembly of Dyson Digital Motor products.
- Take responsibility on the overall quality and yield for products assigned & work with functional groups to resolve rejects & scrap.
- Take overall responsibility of process flow including generation of Operation Procedures, Work Instructions, PFMEA, Process Control Plans, and drive to improve GR&R Cpk and Ppk.
- Conduct cycle time studies to optimize assembly process to maximize utilization.
- To understand variation in the production and control through use of statistical methods
- Work closely with Failure Analysis group to identify sources of rejects, and taking corrective actions to address rejects.
- Conduct engineering evaluations in support of cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc or quality improvement projects.
- Conduct in-depth process capability studies for Productivity and Quality improvement using DOE
- Provide guidance and training to the team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Lead/participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilisation & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics or any other similar Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Proficiency in 6 Sigma problem solving techniques and familiar with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage.
- Good understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Proficiency in process control techniques of JMP/Minitab, SPC, DOE, Cpk/Ppk, OCAP, MSA
- Motor and adhesive knowledge will be an added advantage
- Self motivated, hands on and good team player
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Setting high standards for yourself & fellow colleagues, and consistently strive for different and better
- Business Focus: You know what’s important for Dyson. You work well with key individuals and align your efforts with departmental and business priorities.