Senior Process Development Technician
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for an experienced Process Development Technician in the Motors and Power Systems Research Team within Dyson’s Research, Design and Development (RDD) department; based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, U.K.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Dyson products strive to be at the leading edge of technology. Through unique strategic partnerships with global top universities and leading businesses, we gain foresight of up and coming technologies. The technical research team aims to exploit this knowledge to design state-of-the-art products allowing us to differentiate our products from the competition and be ahead of the times. Dyson is expanding into several new and exciting product categories and is positioning itself as a technology company, confirmed by the release of the 360eye robotic vacuum cleaner and the acquirement of Sakti3 solid state battery technology. Successful applicants for this role will be part of the team driving these products and others forward.
Reporting to Design & Integration Team Manager, you will join a growing team in Dyson’s Technical Research Group focusing on the next generation electric motors for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach.
The successful candidate will:
- Build precision prototype motors and sub-assemblies following defined processes to give repeatable and reproducible results
- Perform motor validation, focusing on a thorough and consistent approach
- Use precision measurement equipment and accurately record critical build and test data
- Work to a tight schedule, prioritise workload and deliver on time
- Carry out testing on prototype motors following documented processes
- Ability to use 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages
- Ability to interpret and interrogate engineering drawings and documentation
- Experience of complex / skilled assembly or maintenance work
- Practical and methodical approach to problem solving with a keen focus on attention to detail
- An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently
- Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined above, plus details of your current and required package. Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com