We are looking for an experienced Product Engineer to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Plan, organize and direct assembly of Dyson Digital Motor products.
- Take responsibility on the overall quality and yield for products assigned & work with functional groups to resolve rejects & scrap.
- Take overall responsibility of process flow including generation of Operation Procedures, Work Instructions, PFMEA, Process Control Plans, and drive to improve GR&R Cpk and Ppk.
- Plan, organize and, direct test and analyze of electronic products.
- Take overall responsibility on tester and analyze defect to determine failure mode and root cause
- Monitor, analyze and maintain tester on testing performance (Yield/Cpk) and accuracy (GR&R)
- Perform and qualify tester on new machine
- Safeguarding product quality – responsible to instill quality gate on tester
- Proficient in failure analysis as to identify sources of variation contributing to failure mode
- Work and communicate effectively with inter-departments
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Mechatronic or any other similar Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 4 - 8 years working experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Systematic Problem Solving will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of microelectronics, electrical, mechanical and chemical analysis/techniques will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.