Reporting to the Process Manager, you are an expert in yield improvement projects and have solid process control and statistic knowledge. You will identify engineering issues and bringing them to resolutions.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Plan, organize and direct assembly of Dyson Digital Motor products
- Take responsibility on the overall quality and yield for products assigned & work with functional groups to resolve rejects & scrap.
- Take overall responsibility of process flow including generation of Operation Procedures, Work Instructions, PFMEA, Process Control Plans, and drive to improve GR&R Cpk and Ppk.
- Conduct cycle time studies to optimize assembly process to maximize utilization.
- Understand variation in the production and control through use of statistical methods
- Work closely with Failure Analysis group to identify sources of rejects, and taking corrective actions to address rejects.
- Conduct engineering evaluations in support of cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc or quality improvement projects.
- Conduct in-depth process capability studies for Productivity and Quality improvement using DOE
- Provide guidance and training to the team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Lead/participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilisation & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- possess a Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics or any other similar Engineering discipline
- come with at least 3 years of working experience in electronics manufacturing
- have good understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- be proficient in process control techniques of JMP/Minitab, SPC, DOE, Cpk/Ppk, OCAP, MSA
- be self-motivated, hands-on and a good team player
- have the ability to work under pressure
- demonstrate ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions
- proficiency in 6 Sigma problem solving techniques and familiar with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage
- knowledge of Motor and Adhesive