Process Improvement Manager
The Process Transformation Manager will be part of the Global Quality and Reliability Team, reporting to the Head of Quality Systems and Improvement.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
This an opportunity to change the way we work and operate at Dyson. You will be involved in early stage product development through to manufacturing. The role will involve investigating what changes need to be made and implementing best practices and identifying areas for improvement projects. You will work collaboratively across the Quality team, interacting with a range of people. You will also:
- Drive internal quality team improvement
- Benchmark Dyson quality with external organisations
- Develop training (internal and external to quality within Dyson)
- Communicate about quality within Dyson and its supply chain
- Develop and maintain reporting of status within Global Quality & Reliability
- Drive ad hoc projects – eg. recruitment campaign
- Prepare strategic or Executive level presentation material for quality leadership.
- Able to run an ambiguous brief in a fast paced environment
- Capable of effectively communicating with and gaining respect from intelligent technical and non-technical people
Interested in technology, engineering or product
- Enjoys working with capable people
- Curious and keen to learn
- Engineering background
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.