Procurement Assistant - Electronics
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Free Onsite Gym
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Neodymium magnets. Aerospace-grade carbon fibre. PEEK high strength plastic. Just a few of the materials procured to build just one of our machines – the Dyson digital motor V2. But when you design unconventional machines, you need unconventional materials. The Procurement department works directly with RDD on Dyson’s most secret projects. Sourcing high quality materials, and finished components with demanding specifications, means tracking down niche suppliers. It requires tenacity, speed and efficiency to meet project milestones. In essence, we need to be as inventive as Dyson engineers.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
This is what we need you to do...
- Manage UK elements of the Procurement Legal document process for new suppliers including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Supplier Framework and Tooling agreements. This will involve;
- Instigating contract requirements with suppliers, sending out documents for review and signatures, coordinating with Legal and Commodity Managers as required.
- Maintaining a status log of contract activity in progress to be reviewed globally weekly
- Generating and progressing requests for External Transmission of Engineering drawings and specifications to suppliers with RDD Registry.
- Setting up new Suppliers on UK/SEA SAP, PLM and the Approved Vendor list.
- Supporting Electronics Commodity Managers with Project Management activity and Sourcing plan activity, including; progressing drawing release and quotation activity.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvements and actions where possible.
- Creating Cost Comparison Folders within the team
- Working globally within the electronics team to support transfer of electronic parts
- PowerPoint would be advantageous to assist with strategy implementation.
- Experience of working in a Project environment or involvement in Projects.
- Commercial acumen and experience of a Manufacturing and/or Engineering environment desirable.
- Experience of Purchasing Contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements desirable
- Experience of SAP and PLM desirable.
- Assertiveness and good communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- A proactive approach and forward thinking. You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions. You plan your time and your projects taking relevant factors into account.
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.