Procurement Executive - Electrical
Competitive + benefits
The Procurement Executive’s / Buyer's role is to take ownership and responsibility for designated commodities within the Electronics domain, to enable production of Dyson’s Electric Vehicle. A self-starter, you will be meticulous in determining standards, researching suppliers, analysing value and negotiating contracts. You will collaborate with engineering, suppliers and supply chain teams closely to understand and influence how a product/cost is conceived and matured up to mass production start, ensuring that all components are purchased from approved sources, achieve supply assurance and meet product launch schedule, whilst driving for best in class quality and supplier performance. Procurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making, and you will have the opportunity to affect the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
Own & manage a complex range of commodities
Develop and deliver category strategies for a diverse range of commodities
Fulfil departmental objectives, to include (but not limited to) cost targets, supplier performance and delivery
Identify and source supply partners, in line with a departmental sourcing process
Manage ongoing supplier partnerships, both tactical and strategic
An adept cross functional team worker, with a proven track record of successful stakeholder management
Experience of managing a sourcing process from market research through to supplier nomination, contract award and contract management
Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group
- Previous experience in a procurement function within a manufacturing environment, Automotive would be an advantage
- Confident, articulate and experienced in working at pace in a highly dynamic and fast moving business environment
- Tenacity and drive to achieve results
- Ability to build and develop strategic supply relationships across a highly diverse range of commodities and supply markets
- Advanced negotiation and clear communication skills evidenced
- Previous of SAP and Share Point would be a clear advantage
- Drive for results – self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurised environment
- Planning & project management – distils complex situations into manageable tasks and interdependencies; captures requirements and manages work scope; where necessary, leads defined elements of a project plan; identifies & mitigates risks; communicates with all stakeholders; delivers project to specification, on time and within established budget
- Complex problem solving – is logical and methodical; makes effective inferences & deductions; seldom stops at the first possible solution; quick to consider the implications of the solution
- Communication & presentation – clearly communicates at all levels using appropriate tools, techniques and channels in different situations;
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you will be invited to join the company bonus scheme, get 27 days annual leave and you’ll qualify for life assurance. You will also have access to our free on-site gym with regular fitness classes (subject to membership availability) and two on-site cafés which cater to a variety of tastes. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.