£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Procurement team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Own & manage a complex range of commodities
- Develop and deliver category strategies for a diverse range of commodities
- Fulfil departmental objectives, to include (but not limited to) cost targets, supplier performance and delivery
- Identify and source supply partners, in line with a departmental sourcing process
- Manage ongoing supplier partnerships, both tactical and strategic
- An adept cross functional team worker, with a proven track record of successful stakeholder management
- Experience of managing a sourcing process from market research through to supplier nomination, contract award and contract management
- Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group
- Previous experience in a procurement function within a manufacturing environment, Automotive would be an advantage
- Confident, articulate and experienced in working at pace in a highly dynamic and fast moving business environment
- Tenacity and drive to achieve results
- Ability to build and develop strategic supply relationships across a highly diverse range of commodities and supply markets
- Advanced negotiation and clear communication skills evidenced
- Previous of SAP and Share Point would be a clear advantage
- Drive for results – self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurised environment
- Planning & project management – distils complex situations into manageable tasks and interdependencies; captures requirements and manages work scope; where necessary, leads defined elements of a project plan; identifies & mitigates risks; communicates with all stakeholders; delivers project to specification, on time and within established budget
- Complex problem solving – is logical and methodical; makes effective inferences & deductions; seldom stops at the first possible solution; quick to consider the implications of the solution
- Communication & presentation – clearly communicates at all levels using appropriate tools, techniques and channels in different situations;
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.