Procurement Executive - Tooling
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 8000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
- Manage all Legal Documentation
- Manage all AVL for the Materials Category
- Manage all PLM Activities including drawing issuances, CR Management and
- Manage all TAC and PO Issuances for this category
- Manage all Facton Uploads for Lens and Lighting categories.
- Coordinate all PFG Activities supporting the Procurement Engineer role.
- Preparations of Reports and all related documents required by the business for this category.
- Represent the Procurement Engineer in attending meetings and coordinating all activities in the DMSB Office.
- Raising and issuing PO;
Raising purchase orders for Commodity tooling, prototype and EBs builds for bought out components which are on long lead time and for this category
- Managing GR and POs cancellation
Close out GR for POs that are raised, working with the allocated PSA and Finance to ensure the quantity matched. To cancel POs that are raised in the system once PSA is allocated (upon confirmation their POs will supersede Dyson POs)
- Drawing issue to suppliers
Create ETF to send drawings (up-issue) to suppliers, this is upon supplier allocation has been confirmed by Commodity Manager. This is important for quick turnaround due to the increasing number of projects running on compressed time plans.
- RFQs And EB RFQs
Working with the Commodity Managers to request components quotes for EB, comparing EB pricing against approved part cost. Communicating approved pricing to PSA. HRFQ s for quotation
- Upload the Expected Cost Validation and Round 1 & Round 2 for the Lens Category in Facton
- Update CRO tracker and maintain CRO files
- Courier / Logistic Arrangement;
To arrange for courier/logistic arrangement in particular for projects that are still in UK that required components delivery from SEA.
- Manage Commodity repeat tool Process
- Maintain Price Books for this Category.
- Track all Cost movements from EB to SOP for all cost movements for this category.
- Preparation of TAC Sheets and follow up on approvals until SOP including repeat tooling and modifications.