Procurement Manager - Motors
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Working within Research Design and Development (RDD) Procurement and part of the Global Supply Chain team, the Procurement Manager – Motors& Components will manage the designated Category Procurement activity for New Product Development (NPD) projects based in the UK.
You will work closely with the RDD Engineering teams on development projects providing Procurement Category expertise and support to meet project milestones, sourcing on time and on cost.
- Lead the Procurement activities for the designated Category and represent Procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
- Drive and manage NPD Category costs to meet Should Costs and Target Costs. The role will work in collaboration with the Procurement Project Managers, Category Design Managers and the Product Cost team to deliver Target costs to support the Business Case.
Develop Category Sourcing Plans for each project, identifying High-risk and High-impact parts and ensuring all necessary Category Procurement activities are complete before transfer of projects to Southeast Asia (SEA)
Collaboratively establish Global Procurement Category Strategy for motors & associated mechanical components with stake holders, inclusive technology road map & consideration of all commercial aspects.
To act as the bridge between NPD/Engineering and cross Category Procurement Managers in SEA. This will predominantly be around detailed specification and global supplier selection – either as partners or as manufacturers of motors and associated components.
Integrate effectively with a fast moving global Procurement team. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity
Support cross functional long term Procurement strategy for the designated category, and related mechanical components, obtaining buy in from key stakeholders within the business
Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the Category team
Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement risk mitigating actions
- Network quickly and integrate at all levels in Dyson, specifically with the engineering teams to understand mechanical and electrical specifications
- Support and participate on new product development project teams, acting as the expert for designated Category – with an on-time, on-cost focus
- Lead supplier base and supply chain regionalisation and localisation strategy for the designated Category
- Interface with Global Procurement teams to define and manage a global approved vendor list
- Contract negotiation and new vendor introduction and management in co-operation with Asian counterparts
- Degree level qualification or above
- Be able to implement strategic global purchasing methodologies & best practice.
- Technical competency having manufacturing process knowledge relating to specifications & forensic cost analysis.
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organisation
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates with the highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson, be tough yet be fair with our supplier base
- Proven track record of proactive leadership of complex, global programs
- Proven track record of successful people management
- Fluent spoken and written English
- CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
- HNC / ONC in Mechanical Engineering desirable
- Automotive / Aerospace / Defense / FMCG background
- Lean Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing Principals
- Mandarin. Additional other Chinese dialects would be an advantage
Communication & Negotiation
- You are comfortable communicating well on a one-on-one basis as well as with medium to large sized groups, demonstrating flexibility and tailoring presentation to target audience
You convey information clearly and concisely to ensure team members remain focused on agenda items.
You explain benefits to stakeholders to gain acceptance of any change by giving relevant information, analyses, and making sound and confident recommendations
You adjust your style & behaviors appropriately to secure the best outcome
You recognizes when an agreement cannot be reached and develop a plan that leads to BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement) being achieved
You develop trust in difficult scenarios amongst all parties involved in a negotiation process
You are able to persuade senior colleagues / stake holders to change leadership position or approach to better fit a situational need
You include the entire team in decision-making process when developing mission and goals for the division
You are able to lead a cross functional team to create new systems or processes
You review and gather information from relevant sources to support development of a strategic plan
You develop and implement policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate stakeholders, and developing a budget
Continuous Improvement & Challenging Status Quo
You solicit periodic feedback to continually improve the quality of your work
You regularly visit other work sites to gain understanding of staff functions and daily tasks
You take the lead on initiatives for increasing skills of the team and self