£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
- This role sits within the Procurement team of our automotive function.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Lead the Procurement activities for the designated Category and represent UK Procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
- Drive and manage NPD Category costs to meet Should Costs and Target Costs. The role will work in collaboration with the Procurement Project Managers, Category Design Managers and the Product Cost team to deliver Target costs to support the Business Case.
- Develop Category Sourcing Plans for each project, identifying High-risk and High-impact parts and ensuring all necessary Category Procurement activities are complete
- Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify VA/VE and DFM opportunities – and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised
- Support cross functional long term Procurement strategy for designated categories and related components, obtaining buy in from key stakeholders within the business
- Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the Category team
- Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement mitigating actions
- Network quickly and integrate at all levels in Dyson
- Contract negotiation and new vendor identification, introduction and management
- Work autonomously with accountability for your categories strategies and performance
- Degree/CIPS qualified
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement Category Management
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to designated Category
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing and/or engineering industry
- Preferably from Engineering / Technology / Manufacturing backgrounds
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates with the highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson, be tough yet be fair with our supplier base
- Excellent communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Willing to challenge the status quo – internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence stakeholders
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
- The successful candidate will have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines