£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Procurement team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Lead the Procurement activities for the designated Category and represent UK Procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
- Drive and manage NPD Category costs to meet Should Costs and Target Costs. The role will work in collaboration with the Procurement Project Managers, Category Design Managers and the Product Cost team to deliver Target costs to support the Business Case.
- Develop Category Sourcing Plans for each project, identifying High-risk and High-impact parts and ensuring all necessary Category Procurement activities are complete
- Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify VA/VE and DFM opportunities – and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised
- Support cross functional long term Procurement strategy for designated categories and related components, obtaining buy in from key stakeholders within the business
- Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the Category team
- Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement mitigating actions
- Network quickly and integrate at all levels in Dyson
- Contract negotiation and new vendor identification, introduction and management
- Work autonomously with accountability for your categories strategies and performance
- Degree/CIPS qualified
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement Category Management
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to designated Category
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing and/or engineering industry
- Preferably from Engineering / Technology / Manufacturing backgrounds
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates with the highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson, be tough yet be fair with our supplier base
- Excellent communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Willing to challenge the status quo – internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence stakeholders
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
- The successful candidate will have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.