Procurement Manager – NPD Projects
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Free Onsite Gym
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2017, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Manage Procurement elements of NPD projects based in the UK, working with cross-functional project teams to support early concept builds through to the Start of Production.
• Liaise with RDD Project Managers and Category Design teams to provide Procurement support for NPD projects.
• Represent Procurement at Project meetings and Milestone reviews, agreeing and managing Procurement actions and risks, coordinating completion with UK and Global Procurement Commodity Managers.
• Work closely with RDD and design managers on BOM mapping and part categorisation for each project, to ensure ownership and responsibilities within each Procurement commodity are clearly defined for sourcing activity to commence.
• Drive and manage project cost to meet should Cost and target Cost from early concept to Start of Production. The role will work in collaboration with the Category Design Managers and the Product Cost team to deliver target costs to support the business case, ensuring cost clarity and risks/opportunities are identified, reported and mitigated as required.
• Coordinate with the Procurement Commodity Managers to develop production sourcing plans, ensuring all Procurement activities are completed for Start of Production e.g. NDA’s, T’s&C’s, Contracts, RFQ’s and cost analysis and supplier selection.
• Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvements activity and process improvements.
• Degree/CIPS qualification.
• Demonstrable experience and/or recognised qualification in Project Management.
• Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
• Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers.
• Procurement experience or an awareness of RFQ, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
• Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask “silly” questions).
• Strong process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
• A fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
• Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
• The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
• Accountability, integrity and confidence, with ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package..
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.