SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
The role will be Procurement Project Manager/Leader, primarily their responsible is managing and coordinating activities and deliverables that Procurement is responsible for projects within each Category – ensuring Project is on time and on cost.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Procurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making. Ultimately it affects the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business. In the balance between quality and price, quality must always win. So our global team needs to be rigorous in selection. Meticulous in determining standards, researching suppliers, analysing value and negotiating contracts. Challenging and diverse, their work creates a dynamic, driven team. Where the ‘next big thing’ relies on their ability to deliver agile, lean solutions as much as the inventiveness of Dyson engineers’ themselves.
- Working on a number of NPI projects concurrently
- Working with Commodity Managers to develop plans and identify lead-times and deadlines for ordering commodity parts in relation to the various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of product development process. This includes project budgeting on Capex.
- Help to identify and flag up issues in relation to consigned parts / risk buys required to deliver prototype / engineering builds on time.
- Support reviews of bought out components with CM and provide directions on purchase and changes as reviewed internally with Dyson cross team.
- Follow up with Engineering to understand what the status of bought out parts and what is needed from Contract Manufacturer to secure the purchase
- Working with Contract Manufacturer to raise POs for write offs of parts during Engineering Build phases of projects
- Providing regular updates on status of these plans and any issues with consigned parts / materials and risk buys for Engineering Builds.
- Drive cost down activities from development phase right to SOP + 3 months, this includes working with the RDD, and CM, Test and Operation team to ensure timeline and target is achieved.
- Own and drive project’s costing to meet budget/target pricing, working alongside with Finance and RDD to drive cost deliverance. Providing Product Cost team on bought out components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision.
- Challenging Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
- Reporting commercial progress on Tooling, P&E, and related activities on the projects
- Degree level qualification or above
- Self motivated, accurate and operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement - at least 3-5 years in a relevant industry, a relevant industry preferably in the Manufacturing / Automotive / Aerospace / Defence background
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good spoken & written communication in English
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Good understanding of manufacturing and how Dyson operates
- Strong communicator - Interpersonal skills - ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
- CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
- Mandarin. Additional other Chinese dialects would be an advantage
- Manufacturing background
- Experience of lean manufacturing
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.