Procurement, Summer Internship Program
You may be selected for one of the projects you are most suitable for.
• Send CCF templates to Dyson’s approved vendors for request of parts cost breakdown.
• Consolidate and compile the return data/info back from suppliers.
• Create Excel spread sheets to study and compare the cost breakdown
• Analyse the cost breakdown & flag up the areas of interest to ask suppliers why cost is high (especially for certain parts with duo or more supply base)
• Ability to understand the cost drivers and the analysis the factors that affect cost
• Trigger and send out RFQs (if require) for cost benchmarking with other approved vendors.
• Assess the necessary labour, the expected material cost, and expected labor rates and profit margins to determine should cost.
• This role is to support the role out of the slipsheets for the first identified category.
• Work closely with destination warehouse managers and teams as well graphics and packaging on the slipsheet dimensions, standardisation as well Contract manufacturers on the implementation requirements
• Key deliverable would be a Standard Operating Procedure as well the actualisation of slipsheets across all key identified locations.
• This role is to support the use of alternative freight modes to better optimise costs and differentiate time critical vs non time critical freight.
• Standardise and Implement the LCL booking model and allocations by working with the cross functional teams in SGP and Malaysia
• Work closely with the Business Intelligence team on the reporting of historical rates for all modes of transport
• Implement a tracker for the bookings (as part of the booking model), allowing for KPI reporting on spend, purpose and cost centre