As a product engineer and person in charge in SKU team to develop and release SKU according to design specification and SKU time plan.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
RDD is the heart of Dyson. It’s where we invent technology that solves problems. Our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, fail again. To be different takes courage as well as creativity. Based at our Malmesbury HQ, you’ll be part of a 1,700-strong global team of engineers and scientists. From day one you’ll be working on top secret projects using cutting edge machinery. Whichever area you join we’ll support your development, helping you understand Dyson and grow into the role. The rest is up to you. You can help shape the next generation of Dyson technology.
- To work with cross team both SEA and UK to align on SOP timings based on SKU complexity levels and timeplan. When the SKU is in progress of development, he/she needs to report or escalate risk (if there is any) to meet timings.
- Manage New Product Development BOM timely and accurately – timeliness of AFPP issuance, RFD and AFP BOM release. To ensure all product structure are according to latest design revision and reflect the latest change by RFD BOM released to CM
- To identify base model, SKU complexity level, validation required and SKU activities based on SKU complexity level.
- To produce SKU timeplan, work with Senior Product Engineer to agree with Marketing and Supply Chain and to ensure SKU timeplan adherence
- Manage SKU deliverables – top level SKU drawings, rating plates, validation discussion, EB, validation execution, reliability review, change order actions, ISIR, golden machine sign-off, concession review etc.
- Coordinate SKU activities with CM, assembly groups and other supporting departments. - EB, BOM released timings, risk buy required, BOM and Spec changes, PP & SOP etc.
- To fully support other senior engineer when assigned to SKU to different of category
- To obsolete cancelled SKU’s on time.
- To complete CR package on time with high quality with accuracy and throughness; drawings, BOMs, deliverables etc.
- KPI: To authorise AFP BOM CR two weeks before PP. If PP is omitted, AFP BOM CR to be authorised 3 weeks before SOP.
- KPI - Deliverables cannot be completed before AFP BOM authorised - Closed Loop
- To perform Job Descriptions as per Subject Matter Expert list.
Degree in any engineering field - preferably relating to mechanical & manufacturing with min 3 years hands on experience
Good knowledge of general engineering principle – e.g. mechanical engineering, production engineering etc.
Experience with BOM management,
Managing engineering builds
Managing Change Management for production
Willing to be challenged to meet the time plan
Pro-active, well organised, able to prioritise tasks, good team player
Good English -written and verbal communication skills
Good in Microsoft office (Intermediate skills level of Microsoft Excel will be an advantage )