Product Engineer (Dyson Digital Motors)
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
What you will do…
New product launch
- Drive/manage overall manufacturing readiness between production, equipment, quality, RDD and procurement.
- Joint engineering effort with RDD to address design shortcomings.
- Process characterization/window study.
- Perform effective validation of product related changes.
- Execute risk driven approach/change control from qualification to full production release.
- Drive supplier incoming material quality improvements.
- Interface with RDD on product changes, evolution (new revision) and technical issues.
- Provide expertise from product perspective in problem solving.
- Perform process characterization/window study for capability improvement.
- Perform analysis on yield and quality issue to continuously improve product performance.
- Characterization of incoming component/assembly induced variations on final motor test performance.
- Perform thorough and quality analysis for failure from MLT and customer return.
- Work with relevant personnel to drive closure.
What is required…
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering.
- 2 - 5 years working experience from an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Good understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Proficiency in process control techniques of JMP/Minitab, SPC, DOE, Cpk/Ppk, OCAP, MSA.
- Self-motivated, hands on and good team player.
- Able to work under pressure, to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.